It goes without saying that the last couple years have seen a tremendous amount of change for Sevier County in East Tennessee. If you hadn’t visited since 2011 or maybe even early 2012, you might be surprised what you’d find with just one 10-15 minute drive from Sevierville to Gatlinburg on the main parkway that connects all three can show you.
The big developments in this area relevant to the topic here have included:
* The Island in Pigeon Forge.
* The new distillery industry featuring Ole Smoky Moonshine, Davy Crockett Distillery, Sugarlands Distillery and more still.
* Rocky Top Sports World in Gatlinburg (unfinished).
* The LeConte Conference Center in Pigeon Forge.
* A resurgence of tourism activity in Wears Valley.
* The announcement of Dollywood’s personal vacation resort and many other developments soon to come on Veteran’s Boulevard between Sevierville and Pigeon Forge.
And those were just the big ones. Many dozens of other new businesses, restaurants and providers have come to the Smoky Mountains to help these advances usher in a new boom period for the area. These changes have not only succeeded in bringing more tourism to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Sevierville and Wears Valley, but they’ve helped to elevate the quality of tourism we get, as well as the general quality standing of Sevier County as a prospective vacation destination.
If you”ve been looking for a good time to build your business in Sevier County,this is the time to do so and I welcome the opportunity to help make it happen!
Sevier County holds a good list of other reasons to consider it as a place to invest in commercial property. According to www.scedc.com(http://www.scedc.com/sevier-county-tourism.php), we rank 3rd throughout the state of Tennessee in total tourism spending, and 2nd in terms of percentage growth in tourism spending since 2004. We’ve seen a near 20% increase in lodging revenue from May 2013 to May 2014 alone, we are within’s a day’s drive of 75% of the US population and at least 13 of the South’s major cities. If you’d like to see some significant business potential for your brand in the next few years, Sevier County is the place to go.